WE LOVE LOCAL!! So we are celebrating all the great “POP’S” out there with Bayside Brewing Co.!! Their Honey Cream Ale paired perfectly with our freshly popped popcorn! … and since your only using part of the can, you can enjoy the rest!!
8 cups popped popcorn
½ cup of Bayside’s Honey Cream Ale beer
¼ cup packed brown sugar
¼ cup brown rice syrup or corn syrup
3 tablespoons butter
¼ teaspoon of course kosher salt
- Heat oven to 300°F
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside
- Place popcorn in a large bowl and set aside.
- In 2-quart saucepan, heat beer over medium heat, stirring frequently, until reduced to 1/4 cup, about 6 minutes. Pour into glass liquid measuring cup to confirm measure. Add back to saucepan. Stir in brown sugar, syrup and butter. Cook over medium heat until bubbly around edges, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce heat to medium-low; cook about 5 minutes longer, stirring occasionally, until thickened and syrupy. Remove from heat; carefully stir in salt. Pour over popcorn mixture in bowl; toss until evenly coated. Spread popcorn mixture onto baking sheet.
- Bake 15-20 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes, to caramelize mixture. Cool completely, about 1 hour. Break into pieces. Store in airtight container.