Let’s celebrate Earth Day with some yummy popcorn!! ENJOY!!
EARTH DAY POPCORN
- 14 cups popped popcorn
- ⅓ cup butter
- ½ cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup white sugar
- ½ unsweetened package drink mix green (Kool Aid)
- ½ unsweetened package drink mix blue (Kool Aid)
- ¼ teaspoon of baking soda
- Food coloring (optional).
- Preheat oven to 225 degrees.
- Divide popcorn into 2 bowls, 1 for each color.
- Have another bowl available to divide the syrup once it is ready.
- In a saucepan combine butter, corn syrup and sugar, stirring until butter melts.
- Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to simmer.
- Simmer 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Take off the heat and stir in baking soda.
- Quickly divide syrup mixture and add drink mix and food color(optional)
- Pour over popcorn, stirring to coat.
- Repeat with second color.
- Turn out on a sheet pan, both colors can go on the same sheet.
- Place in oven and bake 40 minutes, but stir every 10 minutes.
“The environment is where we all meet; where we all have a mutual interest; it is the one thing all of us share.” —Lady Bird Johnson