You gotta try this!! This IPA reduced to a crisp citrus flavour!! A little extra work, but so worth it!! HAPPY FATHERS DAY!! ENJOY!!
- 10 cups popped popcorn
- ½ cup of SONS OF KENT ~JUICE BOX IPA~
- ¼ cup packed brown sugar
- ¼ cup brown rice syrup or corn syrup
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ teaspoon of course kosher salt
- Heat oven to 250°F
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, spread popped popcorn evenly and set aside
- In 2-quart saucepan, heat beer over medium heat, stirring frequently until reduced to 1/4 cup, about 6 minutes. Pour into glass liquid measuring cup to confirm measure. Add back to saucepan. Stir in brown sugar, syrup and butter. Cook over medium heat until bubbly around edges, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce heat to medium-low; cook about 5 minutes longer, stirring occasionally, until thickened and syrupy. (soft ball stage or 250F) Remove from heat, add vanilla; let cool for a couple of minutes. Spoon mixture over popcorn and stir lightly until evenly coated. Salt can be added at this time.
- Bake 15-20 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes, to caramelize mixture. Cool completely, break into pieces and store in airtight container.